Intro to Multi-Generational Estate Planning
MultiGen is a multi-generational estate planning strategy for high net worth individuals with a "rated" or uninsurable status. Unfortunately, this status typically makes it hard to use traditional estate planning methods.
First of all, MultiGen gives individuals the ability to create a solid estate tax plan regardless of their insurance rating. With MultiGen, the first generation, as well as their children and grandchildren, can all have estate tax protections in place. Additionally, the first generation can continue to use their assets without triggering substantial gift taxes, liquidation costs, or opportunity costs.
In summary, MultiGen takes every generation's needs into consideration and lasts for many generations to come. Best of all, it is a great solution for uninsurable individuals who need multi-generational estate planning when few other options exist.
- Protects the estate plan over multiple generations
- Client maintains control of their assets and their earnings
- Using financing has the potential to reduce your taxable estate
- Net worth greater that $25m
- Client "rated" or uninsurable
- Able to obtain insurance on the children or grandchildren who are in good health
- Children or grandchildren have estate tax exposure
- Ability to pledge collateral
Contact us at 800-294-9940 for an extended brochure that explains how MultiGen works.
If you are an NIW Agent and would like to request an illustration, please complete the Design Request Form and email it to Paul Walder at email@example.com or Melanie Gotz at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would simply like to learn more about MultiGen, contact us using the following form.